The Best Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
I love making soups! They transform the whole house to a cozier state!
Growing up my favourite soup was the Campbells tomato soup! We would always have it with a side of grill cheese sandwich and ketchup! If we were lucky a handful of goldfish crackers sprinkled on top of the soup! It might not sound like it but it Truly was the Best! Though this soup is the best easy homage tomato soup I can’t promise it will taste exactly like the Campbells soup we all know and love but I can promise it will taste great!
Becoming an adult makes me more nostalgic for a good bowl of tomato soup and a side of grill cheese sandwich! However the can of Campbells soup unfortunately no longer sits so well in my tummy so I decided to create my own tomato soup with what I had in the cupboard and out in the garden!
Making healthy food easy and accessible is definitely something very important to me! I want whoever is eating it to feel good when they are eating it and after they finish it up! It is always the worst when you are eating something so good but it doesn’t make your body feel good at all! I also want it to be easy to make and not break the bank!
SO what I hope for is that this tomato soup recipe meets your nostalgic needs like it did mine! Make your body feel good when you are eating it and not break your back or the bank when making it! Ooh also the most important part… that you think it taste amazing!
What you are going to need to make the Best Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
- 9 large fresh Tomatoes
- 6 cups of broth (I used Chicken broth)
- 1 Can of Diced (796ml) Tomatoes with herbs and spices
- If the can of Tomatoes does not have herbs and spices in it add your own oregano and basil
- Pepper and salt ( if the broth doesn’t have any
- 1 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- large stock pot
- cutting boar
- missing spoon
If you don’t have fresh tomatoes I would probably use one to two large cans of diced tomatoes but with no herbs and spices!
My favourite broth is the Better Than Bouillon Base! It comes in a jar and is more of a paste. You mix it with water to make it a broth! I love it! It is so easy to use in anything which I find awesome! You can even just use it as a paste when cooking things like a stir-fry. I will mention however the ingredients could easily be better so if you are looking for something a bit cleaner this might not be your first choice. For me its one of the better options on the shelf so I use when I don’t have homemade broth ready to go!
So with out any further babbling from me lets get on to the recipe shall we?!
The Best Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
Simple homemade tomato soup
- 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 1/2 Large Onions Diced
- 9 Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes With Herbs and Spices
- 6 Cups of Broth
- 1-2 Cups of Creme
- Chop up your garlic and onions
- Heat up a large soup pot with some olive oil in the bottom
- When the pot is hot put in the garlic and onions - mix every so often
- While the garlic and onion are cooking roughly chop the fresh tomatoes
- Once the garlic and onion have soften and become slightly brown add the fresh and canned tomatoes
- Add the broth and if your can of tomatoes doesn't have seasoning add in the seasoning you choose!
- Mix it all up
- Let it simmer on the stove top for roughly 40 minutes. Everything should be soft and the tomatoes should have decreased in size
- Once the soup has finieshed simmering take the pot off the burner and let the soup cool down for 5 minutes
- Now this is the fun part! Time to blend! Throw as much soup as you canin the blender and blend until smooth. Do as many times as neccesary!
- So can then run the soup through a fine mesh strainer to pick out the last of the pieces if you want really smooth soup!
- Now time to add the cream! This is on what you like! Poor in as much or as little cream you want! I suggest a little at a time and continously taste testing it to know what you like!
When blending the soup make sure it doesn't spill out when you start up the blender!
You don't have to strain the soup if yo don't want to but doing so will just make it a bit smoother!
You also don't have to put any cream in if you dont want to! It is totally up to you!
This soup can easily be altered to the way you like it! Add as much cream as you want, put a bit more oregano in there, blend it for longer, don’t strain it… totally up to you!
A couple tips when making this soup: make sure to keep the burner heat at medium or below to ensure you don’t burn everything! When you blend the soup make sure it has cooled down a but so you don’t get burnt when moving it around. And Just a reminder that if you use a can of tomatoes that does have the spices in it make sure to add your own! You can add a mix of oregano and sage and that would be lovely!
Ohh I almost forgot to mention you can always add the cream once you have poured the soup into the bowl! Sometimes I also like to sprinkling pumpkin seeds on top to add a little extra protein, fat, and more micro nutrients to the bowl! I think they taste great!
I would love to hear in the comments what you did to make “The Best Easy Homemade Tomato Soup” fit perfectly for you!
If you are looking for a simple treat for after your meal check out this Chia Seed Parfait!